Last updated: 2023-03-09
At StudentSource ("Company", "us", "we", or "our"), the operator of the following list of sites, one of our main priorities is the privacy of our visitors.
- StudentSource (accessible at https://studentsource.org/, including all subdomains)
- ZeptoMath (accessible at https://zeptomath.com/, including all subdomains)
What data do we collect?
Like most operators of online services, our Company collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as:
- The date and time of each request.
- Your user agent, browser type, operating system, and device information.
- The referring app or website.
- Your language preferences.
In addition, our company collects the following additional non-personally-identifying data:
- Services and features that you use.
- Views and interactions with content and advertisements, including the time, frequency and duration of these activities.
We also collect potentially personally-identifying information like:
- Your client IP address, network and connection information.
- Your search queries and other inputs to forms available on our Services.
Certain users may choose to interact with the Services in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction. For example:
- We may gather your name, username, password and email address when you register with our Services.
How do we collect your data?
Information that you share with us directly
You directly provide our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect and process data when you:
- Register with our Services.
- Voluntarily provide information on any of our message boards, tools or calculators.
- Use or view our website via your browser's cookies.
Our Services follow the standard procedure of using server log files. These files include information about users when they use our Services.
Third party sources
Our Company may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Facebook (via Facebook Login)
- Discord (via Discord Login)
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Manage your account and send you emails.
- Provide, maintain and improve the Services.
- Provide personalization of the Services.
- Respond to your inquires, feedback, comments and concerns.
- Manage and deliver advertisements, including personalization of the advertisments.
- Understand and analyze any trends in the usage of our Services.
- Find and prevent fraud and abuse of the Services.
- To protect our rights in connection with our Services.
- To comply with legal requests.
From time to time, we may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Services.
How do we transfer and store your data?
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
When you use our Services, your data will be transferred to, and stored securely in, the United States.
Your data is protected in transit and at rest using reasonable and appropriate security measures. Specific measures depend on the sensitivity of the data.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our Services
- Providing relevant advertising
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
|Functionality||Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.|
|Advertising||Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your usage of our Services, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website. The advertisements cannot properly function without these cookies.|
|Analytics||Our Company uses these cookies so that we can collect anonymous user demographic and site usage statistics.|
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our Services may not function as a result.
Ads appearing on our website may be delivered to users by third party vendors, who may set third party cookies. These cookies allow the ad server to recognize your computer each time they send you an online advertisement to compile information about you or others who use your computer. This information allows ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you based on a your previous visits to this or other websites.
- Google Adsense
Some third party cookies are set by third party analytics vendors in order to collect statistics about how our Services are used so we can impove them.
- Google Analytics
- You can learn how Google uses this data here.
- You may opt out from Google Analytics services on this website via the opt out mechanism provided by Google.
How do we disclose your data?
Safety, Security and Compliance
Your information may be disclosed under the following circumstances:
- To satisfy any government regulations that apply to our Company.
- In response to lawful requests by public authorities.
- To protect our rights or intellectual property.
- To enforce our Terms and Conditions.
If we sell, buy, merge or transfer ownership of our Services, your information may be included among the transferred assets.
What are your rights?
GDPR Data Protection Rights
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access
- You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification
- You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure
- You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing
- You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing
- You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability
- You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer's personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer's personal data, not sell the consumer's personal data.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Do Not Track (DNT)
Our Services do not currently respond to the Do Not Track (DNT) browser signal due to the lack of industry standardization.
Privacy policies of other websites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites, apps, products or services.
Another one of our priorities is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
How to contact us
- Email us